Business Development Representative (London)
Floom is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first vertically integrated florist software company. We offer a superior online flower-buying experience for our customers on Floom.com, all while developing our new software, FloomX, the best all-in-one business solution made exclusively for florists to help their businesses grow. Since launching in Feb'16, we’ve been voted in the top 100 UK startups two years in a row. We’re dedicated to created lasting relationships with florists across the UK and US, whilst taking orders from loyal customers in 114 different countries.
Floom is seeking a Sales Development Representative to source qualified prospects and actively convert leads into clients in Floom’s key markets internationally. We’re looking for an empathic storyteller who can passionately and effectively communicate our vision to prospective florists. This is a huge opportunity for someone who wants to learn the fundamentals of sales in a fun, dynamic and fast-paced startup. In this role, you will be a driving force of growth and a vital component of our rapidly evolving Floom team. As an SDR, you’ll be closely mentored by the Sales Director, offering a unique opportunity to learn from the industry’s most seasoned sales professionals.
- Prospecting for new clients at high volume and velocity, both via phone and email, with the aim of exceeding expectations
- Qualifying leads from both inbound inquiries and from your own research, conducting demos and converting leads to clients
- Self-motivator who can own your sales pipeline, from initial outreach, demos, and closing new business sales, to post-sale community on-boardingResearch and understand key competitors in the international florist industry
- Research and understand key competitors in the international florist industry
- Achieve monthly new florist acquisition targets
- Work closely with the Sales Director to learn and develop market-leading sales techniques
- A degree (this role is ideal for recent grads with a self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset or those with a few years of experience post-grad)
- You must have top-notch communication skills, both verbal and written, and superior attention to detail
- Experience working in a fast-paced SaaS sales environment, with a record of exceeding targets under pressure. Startup experience a plus
- A positive, can-do attitude with target-driven tenacity and a “figure-it-out” mentality
- Confidence in building relationships and speaking to partners at all professional levels
- You must be a multi-tasker who is excited about working in a fast-moving, rapidly evolving company
- Multiple languages a plus
- Competitive salary & benefits + OTE.
- Get in early at a VC-baked startup with clear career development plan & training
- Clear career development plan & training
- Staff discounts on Floom.com
- You’ll be part of a business with purpose, using commercial growth to better serve people and the planet
- Join an energetic, passionate and dynamic startup, who are not afraid of hard work but are equally friendly and supportive
- Get in early at a VC-backed startup