Floom is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first vertically integrated florist software company. We believe flowers are the most universally accepted and loved gift, but seasonality and environmental impact have been too-long ignored. Since launching in Feb'16 we’ve been voted one of the top UK 100 startups two years in a row, created long-lasting relationships with florists across all of the UK and New York, whilst taken orders from loyal customers in 114 different countries.
Today we give florists the tools to create and deliver beautifully crafted bouquets to our online communities. They’re hand-made and hand-delivered with the Floom seal of approval. Florists receive a backend management tool, and customers receive more options, in more areas, by vetted florists, with the ultimate convenience of a seamless check-out and what everyone really wants - confirmation of safe receipt in their loved one’s hands.
In the next 12 months, our online offering will grow as we launch in 5 new cities across the UK and US, and introduce the very first vertically integrated florists SaaS. From inventory management, to a wholesale shop, and even website builders and POS systems. We will offer florists everything they need, ultimately allowing customers to get exactly what they ordered in the picture, on the very same day.
Our plans for 2018 and beyond are bold, and our founder, existing team and investors are an experienced bunch of serially successful tech entrepreneurs and creative brand builders looking to take risks, grow rapidly, and focus on unicorn status.
As our lead UI/UX designer, you will define how our customers, florists and employees interact with Floom's products. You will be accountable for every feature you design - from the very first sketch through to implementation, you’ll drive all stages of the design process. We are only looking to create products that are a true joy to use.
As UI/UX designer at Floom you will :
- Collaborate with the multi disciplinary team to deliver innovative products
- Work closely with the Product Manager to understand our different users: customers, florists and employees. Create a design theory that works for each of them, whilst being true to our overall brand identity.
- Generate unique and innovative design solutions
- Mock up wireframes and generate prototypes
- Formulate OKRs with your direct report, track your progress and iterate on the results
- Follow the implementation of your designs from hand off to developer to feature release
- Be in an environment that encourages learning new technologies and supports your career progression
- You are working at a high growth startup, have learnt a lot and are itching to find an earlier stage team to drive growth and do something to make our world a better place
- Empathy comes naturally to you. You wish to empathise with the end user and understand what makes them tick
- Are a keen problem solver - you enjoy thinking through complex product challenges and care about solving the right problem
- You are self driven and organised
- You appreciate the benefits of data driven design, are comfortable digesting analytical data and reacting to it
- Proficient in design tools, such as Figma
- You are happy coordinating directly with engineers. And used to handing off designs and styleguides using software like Zeplin
- Competitive salary plus share options.
- A great office in Vauxhall - full of plants and flowers of course!
- A personal Macbook Pro.
- Join a young, engaged team all passionate in their fields and hungry for success.
- Responsibility, opportunity and ownership - right from the start.
- A hard-working but empowered company culture.