Frontend Engineer (React)
Floom is a VC-backed start-up on a mission to become the first vertically integrated florist software company. We believe flowers are the most universally accepted and loved gift, but seasonality and environmental impact have been too-long ignored. Since launching in Feb'16 we’ve been voted one of the top UK 100 startups two years in a row, created long-lasting relationships with florists across all of the UK and New York, whilst taken orders from loyal customers in 114 different countries.
Today we give florists the tools to create and deliver beautifully crafted bouquets to our online communities. They’re hand-made and hand-delivered with the Floom seal of approval. Florists receive a backend management tool, and customers receive more options, in more areas, by vetted florists, with the ultimate convenience of a seamless check-out and what everyone really wants - confirmation of safe receipt in their loved one’s hands.
Alongside the above, we are very excited to announce the very first vertically integrated SaaS for florists. From inventory management, to a wholesale shop, and even website builders and POS systems. We now offer florists everything they need to run their business.
As Frontend Engineer at Floom you will :
- Collaborate with the multi disciplinary team to deliver innovative products
- Design, develop, deploy and maintain responsive web solutions
- Work closely with the designers to ensure the finest user experience, with close attention to every detail
- Build and maintain scalable applications
- Ensure best practices, standards and tooling are used
- Be in an environment that encourages learning new technologies and supports your career progression
- Use the feedback of other team members to progress as an engineer. Transparency and mutual support are key to the success of any engineering team, we review and discuss code openly. Approaching technical challenges as a group, always striving to help each other develop and learn from one another's mistakes
- You have built a web application using React and enjoy using modern web technologies
- You are adaptable, resourceful and able to develop effective solutions to problems
- You are passionate about quality of code and quality of user experience
- You have at least 2 years professional experience (this experience level is a guide, all we care about is your skills and drive)
- You enjoy discussing technical problems as a team and collaborating on a solution
- You believe you have good communication skills, with which you can explain technical issues to team members of all technical levels
- Competitive salary plus share options.
- A great office - full of plants and flowers of course!
- A personal Macbook Pro
- Join a young, engaged team all passionate in their fields and hungry for success
- Responsibility, opportunity and ownership - right from the start
- A hard-working but empowered company culture